[espro-slider id=67]

Background History

The Yangon General Hospital was established in 1899 with a capacity of 342 beds. The 4 storeyed building was built in 6, May 1905 with 342 beds.

After 2nd world war, the hospital was renovated and had 546 beds. In 1964, new specialist wards were added, and the capacity was increased to 1500 beds.

In, 2015, it was upgraded to 2000 bedded.

 

Type Of Hospital

  • 2000 bedded, Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital
    • (4) Medical Wards
    • (3) Surgical Wards
    • (1) Trauma & Orthopaedic ward and more than 24 wards and departments for specialties are available for inpatients.
  • For out-patients:
    • Emergency Receiving Services (Receiving acute and emergency cases.)
    • General & Specialist OPD.

 

Location

LATHA TOWNSHIP

 

Area

34.72 Acres.[14.05 Hecctares]